Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Almost a Barn

Well, the other day, a friend from work found Jake and I a barn that would have been perfect for us. Jake and I called the guy and went to see it. It was beautiful. It was for sale for $17,000. I know that sounds like a lot but the guy bought it for $50,000! After the long weekend, I called him back and he said it sold. He later called me back and said the guy backed out. He told me to call the bank and see what I could do. He called again later and said the other buyer wanted it again. He gave him until Thursday morning to get him a check. This morning, he called me and said, I need to get rid of this. For an extra $8,000 I have a guy who will take it down and deliver it. And for more money he will pour the concrete and put it back up for you, BUT I need the money as soon as possible.

Ultimately, I told the guy that we would pass on the barn and he can sell it to someone else. I don't want to be rushed into buying this barn and paying extra. Oh well, I guess we'll find something else.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Apparently it wasn't ment to be! That just means you guys are going to find an even better one

Dink said...

I agree with Sara, you will find another one that fits your needs and price range a lot better without having to rush into things.