They offer a FREE test kit. On their home page, under "Kits" click on "Custom Kits". You will then see "Free Sample Makeup Kit". Clicking on this will allow you to click and drag 3 foundations (they are labeled as "Bases" on this website) to your shopping bag along with one cheek color and a concealor too. I ordered mine and it was $3.28 for standard USPS shipping for 5 items! I use Bare Minerals all the time and I love them but they are pricy. The Everyday Minerals seem to be less expensive. I'm going to give these a shot and see how they are. It's worth a try huh?
There are a lot of things you may not know about Everyday Minerals. And of course, these are facts that will make you feel even better about your purchase, being part of the Everyday Minerals family, and a contributor to a better tomorrow.
Here’s our pledge to you and our planet:
Everyday Minerals seeks to include the highest quality, all-natural and organic products sourced from sustainable environments across the globe, and to eliminate toxins and engineered material in our products.
Here are some internal facts you should know.
Environmentally Conscious Products
• We package and ship our products in 90% recycled tissue paper.
• All customer invoices and ‘general use’ office paper and folders are Recycled, 100% post-consumer content and chlorine-free.
• We are a chemical-free facility, to maintain the integrity of our environmentally produced products.
• Our products are 100% biosafe.
• The body skin care line comes in RPET containers.
Environmentally conscious workplace
Everyday Minerals wants to keep our planet pollutant free and that starts in the workplace:
• We provide free bicycles to our employees after 6 months of working with us.
• Financial incentives result in 85% of our staff cycling, carpooling or using public transportation to get to work daily.
• We subsidize our employee’s groceries by offering cash back if they shop at one of Austin’s local organic farms.
• Organic coffee and locally farmed fruit is provided weekly for our staff.
• We recycle our unused oil into biodiesel.
• Our paper towels and toilet paper used at the warehouse is made from 100% recycled paper.
Our Global Mission
Everyday Minerals also acts globally in addition to locally. To encourage organic and sustainable local farming, we donate to the sustainablefoodcenter.org. This organization promotes and teaches children and adults about nutrition, farming and sustainable practices.
Everyday Naturals WeCycle Program
We can recycle together. In doing so, reduce the amount of paper and plastic used when ordering Everyday Minerals products.
Everyday Minerals and Everyday Naturals is commited to improving packaging and reducing our carbon footprint. We are in pursuit of alternative packaging and reusable containers. The first week of September 2008, Everyday Minerals and Everyday Naturals will launch the new "Refill Program" that is all about reducing waste and ensuring that all jars and containers are eco-friendly and 100% recyclable. It not only helps out the environment but will save you money in the long run!We recommend that you start keeping your jars and cleaning them for reuse in the near future.