Friday, July 31, 2009

$ave Money

Some of you know that Jake and I are leading a Crown Financial class. A woman named Barb told me about one of our church members named Kara Rozendaal who runs a website called PracticalSaver.com For a mere $25 a year, yes I said YEAR, she will email you weekly lists of grocery store (currently they are all Prescott and Phoenix area only) sales. She gives you tips on how to organize and use coupons, where to get them doubled, tripled or even quadrupled. There are helpful hints on how to cut costs around your home. Here is one item I am going to try:

Homemade Laundry Detergent This stuff is 13 times less expensive than store bought brands. I'm all about saving money anyway I can. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

There is a website called Soapsgonebuy.com that sells all of these products cheap and also in kits already to make. They have the Fels-Naptha already grated (for a higher price) if you prefer that. They have other recipes on there as well including a powdered detergent using the same ingredients. These products are also available in retail stores locally also. Kara wrote that the Fels-Naptha is the cheapest at Ace Hardware.

The ingredients are:

1 comment:

Brian said...

We make the soap, works great. I have known Kara for years and she is amazing in what she has shown people to do.