Friday, June 19, 2009

I Love Pizza!

Have you seen the newest Visa Debit Card commercial with the guy tossing around pizza dough? No? Well you're in luck! I think he is amazing! Take a look:



Now you can't tell me that wouldn't make you stop and stare! I researched this guy and found out his name is Juan Hermosillo. He is the captain of the US Pizza Team. I know, I didn't know we had a Pizza Team either but we do, and apparently we are very good. Here are a few facts about Juan and his career:

Juan Hermosillo first won his spot on the U.S. Pizza Team in 2004 when he was victorious at PMQ's first New York Pizza Show.

He won first place in the Freestyle Dough Tossing competition in New York with his mix of Italian old style dough tossing that led into lively salsa with dough tossing dances.

Juan says the best part about being on the team is "that you get to represent the United States and it makes you feel proud, that you're not representing your restaurant anymore you are representing your country."

In 2006 Juan moved to Canada and represented the Canadian Pizza Chain "Pizza Pizza." He professionally spun pizza for the chain and taught others to spin dough. Juan performed at many grand openings and festival for Pizza Pizza from 2006-March 2009. During this time he won many international awards, including Largest Dough in Naples, Best Pizza Tosser at the America's Plate Competition and Best Pizza Tosser at the Paris Pizza Expo, among many other awards.

"First, I have to think that I am going to win." Juan says. "I have that mentality. If I don't, then I will be just like those other guys. You don't compete just for competing, you compete to win.

Juan has appeared on many television shows and in many newspapers since his victory on November 3, 2004. He has been featured in the L.A. Times, WPIX Morning Show, CBS's The Early Show, Sony Pictures' Life and Style and many other intentional media. As well as a national Visa debit card commercial.

Juan will back on the United States Pizza Team for the first time since 2006. His future plans include keeping up his pizza throwing skills and starting a professional pizza spinning school.

Did you learn something new? I sure did and I enjoyed watching him too!

No comments: