Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Update...FINALLY!!!

Well hello there. I know, I know... it's been way too long since I updated this. Well, we've had some things going on lately. Jake's grandma, Texana, in New Mexico passed away so we travelled over there for her funeral. I had never been to that part of NM before so it was fun and exciting. I got to see the Rio Grande River... never seen that before.

Jake's brother, Sam, graduated from the CA Highway Patrol Academy. Yep, he's a CHiP now... more John than Ponch though.
Jake and I have been working like crazy. Our schedules have changed... again... so we only see each other about 4 nights a week. We do have the same days off though so that is nice.

Jake and I are going to the gym quite often. There is a half marathon in Sedona next February and I have been dared to take part. I can do 6 miles on the elliptical but running is a different story. We'll see how that works out... I'll keep you posted... really I will.

Well, our local minor league hockey team won the league championships and the President's Cup. Jake went to the celebration and got his picture taken with the cup. He was so excited! It is pretty cool. It was fun having season tickets again this year and watching them go all the way.

We found this great little trail/road across the street from our house that Nico really enjoys. We let him off the leash and he runs around like an excited child on Christmas morning. He finds bunny rabbits and roadrunners and chases them. We encourage this of course knowing that there is no chance in Hedes he'll ever catch one. He's a little too big and clumbsy for that. He's a good jogging partner though... he has more energy than I do and way more than his huge body should have.

Here is the view on that trail. Isn't AZ beautiful. Just 2 days ago it was pushing 100 degrees, and now it's raining... go figure. I love that kind of weather though. It keeps you on your toes.
Well, I guess that is about it. I promise to try to be better with this updating thing. I've added a few pics and a video to the past blogs as well. I worked very hard on these, computers don't come natural to everyone, so check it out. Have a good one and enjoy!

No comments: